1.21.2004

If you haven't seen Howard Dean kirk out after his third place finish in the Iowa caucuses-- or haven't seen it enough-- check out the video. There's also a funny piece about it on NPR's All Things Considered.

Turns out we have a real race for the nomination, what with John Kerry and John Edwards whuppin' that (Dean) ass!

I don't completely understand the Iowa caucus process, or agree with that which I do understand, but I do take heart in the passionate exercise of the franchise.

Being a resident of the District of Columbia, though, I have to rep our own claim to "first in the nation" status for the primary we held. Big ups to my peoples at DC Vote and to the DC councilmembers who made this happen.

Speaking of makin' it happen, big ups to Amy Goodman and the Democracy Now! crew for holding down the progressive space on the public airwaves. Today's session about the State of the Union speech was cool, although Arundhati Roy's phone call from India was hard to decipher. But don't fret, it doesn't take a celebrity breaker-downer to get you up; today's lesser-known guests will make you nod, too. (Or, at least, they made me nod).

Alright, gotta go.

No comments: