1.27.2003

I'll take a small break from the poetry musings to lament the Raiders' loss in Super Bowl XXXVII. Downright embarrassing.

Oh, well, we still have 3 rings to polish. The fourth is yet to come.

I have to give props to Michael Pittman. I remember him from over 20 years ago tagging around behind his older brother and sister, two of my childhood friends. Glad to see Michael have such a great game in our hometown. Much love to all the Pittmans.

More props, this time to coach John "Chucky" Gruden, who stuck it to his old team somethin' terrible.

Last but certainly not least, props to the TB defense: devastating and tenacious. I mean devastating. They picked off the league MVP 5 times and held Charlie Garner to 10 yards rushing (this, for a guy who had over 900 yards rushing and 900 yards receiving this season?). If I wasn't a Raiders fan, I'd really have to like that D. As it stands, they messed up what would've been a great night. Can't wait to see how much isht Warren Sapp/QB Killa's gonna talk now.

No comments: