3.10.2005

Sometimes I just get a jones for Ras Kass.

On another note, I couldn't help shaking my head at the headline of today's Post Express edition-- Battlefield Lebanon: Bush touts gains in Mideast democracy; nearly 500,000 denounce U.S. in Beirut rally".

That's only 430,000 more people than last Monday's rally to get Syria out of Lebanon.

I'll forego sarcasm and just re-state the numbers:
Monday, 70 thousand folks demonstrated against Syria's influence and presence in Lebanon
Tuesday, 500 thousand folks demonstrated against U.S. policies in the Mideast.

"The Bush administration brushed aside anti-American sentiment, saying it was happy to see people peacefully express their views".

I'm not making this up. I'm refraining from sarcasm. My country, the one in which I just bought a house, elected this man to a second term of office.

I find solace in the fact we're a constitutional democracy with Presidential term limits.

1 comment:

Kai said...

I don't get a jones for music -- get an mp3.