5.01.2002

For those of you who don't know, DC has a little habit of bestowing its new residents with a little token-- allergies. Usually takes about 5 years to kick in. Know who just got hit with the 5-year itch? I'm official, baby!

"Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis" is what the doctor said.
I said, "What, I'm gonna get pink eye every Spring?"

Actually, I can't complain too much. Some people, like my man Kai end up in the hospital for eating a honey-roasted peanut.

Short-term tourists need not worry. Just make sure you read up on the zone system for taxi fares. For the intern-to-pundit/staffer tribe, ask about the medical plan. Everyone else, pack your inhaler and pay attention to the daily pollen count. (No joke, it was 2500 last week, on a scale where 90 is high).

Peace.

No comments: